Saturday, September 10, 2011

Political Issues I Care About


There are many political issues that affect the lives of people each day. Every issue is important and the decisions made by people in power about these issues can have a huge impact on quality of life. There are a few issues that really stand out to me in particular, one of which is unemployment.

In my opinion, unemployment is a huge issue. There are so many Americans who have been laid off because of the poor economic conditions. I have had to witness people in my family and friend's families struggle to find jobs after, unfortunately, being laid off. In two years I will be going to college and in a short four years later, I will be trying to find a job. If unemployment rates do not improve, then I will also be struggling to find a job. In addition, the government has reduced the amount of funding for education. As a result, instead of continuing to hire teachers, schools have now begun to lay off teachers. This particular unemployment issue is so important to me because three of my family members, who are very close to me, work in education.

Therefore, every political issue touches people daily. While all issues are important, the one that is most important to me is unemployment. This is because it affects so many people who I know and love and could eventually negatively affect me as well as others around me. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you make a good point in that in some way, everyone is affected by political issues. That just goes to show that everyone should vote because each person is involved somehow in our government. Do you think the government should supply public schools with more money?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a chance to comment on two of your classmates' blog? I marked you for one.

    ReplyDelete